Sunday, July 13, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again



Hello and welcome back to my blog!  It's been a full six years since my last post, and sadly my last solo travel adventure.  That's not to say that over those past 6 years I haven't had any adventures: I've traveled regularly to New Orleans to see my new niece, Rowan (and Ben and Sarah too!), I've braved my first cruise and seen Alaska, one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I've explored Oregon with my roadtrippin' pal, Jill.

But... in 24 hours, I embark on the kind of adventure that used to make my heart pound, my stomach rumble, and my blood flow.  I'm not gonna lie... I'm pretty out of practice.  Those who have spoken to me recently know that I fear that I have lost my "travel mojo"... Does it go away, or just hibernate?  I am optimistic for the latter, and am depending on the fact that once I step off the plane on Tuesday in Barcelona, Spain, all will return:  the joy and thrill of traveling on my own (or "with myself" as the great and powerful Oprah taught me)!

Because I tend to keep to my thoughts to myself during the day while exploring new cities, I write this blog to share my experience... not only for others but also for myself.  There are so many benefits to traveling solo... (see: 22 Unique Joys of Traveling Alone or 11 Reasons Why You Should Travel Alone) but even I will admit, that not having a companion to point out that scary looking food, or unbelievable architecture to, can be lonely.  My blog is like taking all of my friends and family with me and allows me to reflect and thoroughly enjoy each and every moment of my travels.  Your comments and frequent check in mean the world to me and I hope you will take the time to leave a note after you read a post.  
Next post from Barcelona Spain...

Today I'm packing, running last errands and spending a full day of quality Winnie-time, with my best pal (who has an idea that something fishy is going on,  and subsequently threw up yesterday... like mother like child).   Adios!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm testing bc I've tried to post twice without success

    ReplyDelete
  2. There we go!
    So what I said earlier (but didn't post successfully) was that your travel mojo only hibernates until you need to whip it out again and use it (cue corny Austin Powers music)! Happy travels to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tootsie,
    You know we're with you. We'll check in as wifi allows us too. Savor each and every moment!
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take pics of the food for me sis!
    Safe travels

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note letting me know you were here!! Thanks!